This activity must be done outside and supervised by an adult.
You will need:
High visibility vest (enough for a small group)
Two soft sponge footballs
Two children who will be watchers
Two children who will be throwers (this will change when their sponge ball hits another child in the
A large enough space to host the number in your group.
Prizes can be used for the game.
- The main group of children wearing high visibility vests will disperse, trying their best to not be hit by a sponge football from the throwers.
- The watchers will each follow an individual thrower and will then follow the person the thrower hit and will each continue this for the duration of 60 seconds.
- Whoever was hit when the 60 seconds has elapsed will leave the game and the remainder will then start again.
- This will continue until the group becomes a total of eight, the watchers will no longer be required and there will only be one ball thrower. This will continue until you have the last child remaining in a smaller area.
- The last player can then maybe receive a prize. What it is, is totally your choice.