Islington, Greater London
Salary: £10.75 /hour
Salary: £10.75 Per Hour
Location: One of six Adventure Playgrounds
Hours: No guaranteed hours of work in any given week. Your actual hours to be worked each week will be as necessitated by the needs of the service.
Reports to: Bookings Administrator
We are seeking someone local to each of the six adventure playgrounds we manage, who might be retired or be looking for additional hours to fit around an existing part time job.
We are a not-for-profit organisation investing all the income we receive into our playgrounds routinely used by some of the borough’s most vulnerable children and families.
Awesome manages six of Islington’s 12 award winning adventure playgrounds, which are recognised as some of the best in London.
We are looking for someone to become part of a pool of Facility Supervisors, supporting the hiring of spaces across the six adventure playgrounds when we are not delivering our quality play offer.
The work would be generally evenings and weekends
Experience of opening and closing facilities is essential as well as the ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within the community
Your proven experience of delivering excellent customer care.
Having good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal communication are essential.
We are committed to the communities we work in, so welcome applications from candidates living in Islington.
Main Purpose of Job
- To welcome and liaise with all who use/hire any of the six adventure playground buildings or external spaces
- To promote the ethos and customer care standards through your example and relationship with those using the facilities.
- To ensure that the building and environment are clean and safe correctly arranged and assist with the smooth and efficient running of the premises hires.
- Carrying out administrative duties and collecting relevant management information as directed by the Bookings Administrator in accordance with Awesome’s procedures.
Main Tasks of Job
- Ensure that each room and space hired is tidy and arrange furniture and equipment as required for each hirer/user, giving instruction on the use of equipment as necessary.
- Ensure swings, zip wires etc are safe and ready to use if part of the hire.
- Ensure that the premises are opened up and closed promptly and in accordance with the guidelines provided.
- Ensure that the hirer is aware of the locations of facilities and their responsibility with regard to health and safety. Noting with the hirer the condition of the facilities at the beginning of the hire.
- Make every effort to resolve any problems they may have and ensure that the terms and conditions of hire are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure the hirer return the hired spaces to the standard agreed at the beginning of the hire. Return the layout once hirer/user has left (or if appropriate set up ready for next hirer/user) and make sure that all equipment has been left in situ and in working order.
- Ensure the hirer as an opportunity to rectify any issues with cleaning or damage before they leave the premises.
- Clean and sanitize designated facility areas (dusting, sweeping, vacuuming, mopping, restroom cleaning etc). as identified through the bookings administrator for the facilitated hire as part of the closing procedure.
- Report any missing items, breakages or damage to the Bookings Administrator at the earliest opportunity, ensuring photo evidence when possible.
- Be able to climb stairs and do medium to heavy work including lifting and moving of furniture
- To take responsibility for promoting and safeguarding the welfare of children and vulnerable adults, taking personal responsibility for ensuring attendance at regular free Child Protection training at a level commensurate with role.
- To operate within professional boundaries when developing and maintaining relationships with children, young people and the wider community and contributing to a strategy for children and young people to engage in the service.
- To work from any premises Awesome occupies or any other reasonable location where Awesome is delivering a service.
- To adhere to all ways of working as specified in the employee’s handbook
- The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by your changing role within the organisation and the overall business objectives of the organisation.
- Candidates should have some experience of opening and closing facilities or be willing to learn.
- Proven experience of delivering excellent customer care standards
Knowledge, Skills and Ability
The ability to deal tactfully, calmly and effectively with a wide range of people from within the community
Ability to maintain good customer care standards when dealing with irate customers, through tact and diplomacy, using effective complaints handling skills
The ability to ensure that the safety and behaviour of the hirers is monitored to prevent injury, misuse and damage to facilities
Able to identify potential child protection issues and know what to do with this information
Willingness to develop Knowledge and understanding of
- London Child Protection Procedures
- Working Together to Safeguard Children
Ability to work in accordance with national and local Child Protection and Safeguarding policies and procedures
Ability to adhere to and maintain effective relationships with children, young people, staff, parents, carers and other colleagues within appropriate professional boundaries
Candidates must demonstrate an understanding of the requirements of delivering anti-discriminatory services
Understanding of the legal Health & Safety requirements for the workplace
Good communication and interpersonal skills, both written and verbal.
Ability to work flexible hours to meet the needs of the service (daytime evenings, weekends,)
Commitment to Equal Opportunities
Ability to adhere to the Awesome’s Equal Opportunities Policy.
Special Requirements of the Post
This role will require you to obtain a satisfactory clearance from the Disclosure and Barring Service formerly known as the Criminal Records Bureau (CRB) Disclosure
Reference ID: Facilities Supervisor Dec 2020
Application deadline: 15/01/2021